Selecting the right glass for your home is a challenging experience. If you are searching for effectively fitting floor-to-ceiling windows, glass doors, conservatories, sliding glass patio doors, glass shower cubicles and side panels for home, you will still find that glass doors and windows are the reason for small to severe injuries for kids who are listed below 14 years. Let’s talk about the essential preventative measures that you require to take and prevent further injuries from glass doors and windows.
Sudden fall from glass windows
Accidents can occur anywhere and everywhere and sudden falls at home are something common for children. Even you will discover that many kids face unfortunate death due to a fall from a height such as windows and numerous likewise experience injuries. You can avoid your child from such falls by:
- Moving furniture, beds and other ‘climbing frames’ far from the windows.
- Fitting security catches or window locks that limit the openings.
- Select security barrier for the windows if they do not allow ventilation when locked.
Cuts and Collisions:
According to emergency glaziers in London, ordinary glass can be very harmful as it breaks into little pieces that might result in severe injuries. Therefore, setting up safety glass is a significant requirement for the new buildings. If you have an old structure, try changing glass doors and panels with safety glass to prevent further problems for your kid.
Different kinds of shatterproof glass:
Toughened glass – This kind of glass is normally toughened due to heat treatment. It breaks up into little and granular pieces that aren’t sharp and thus, minimises the risks of injury. Little pieces can be risky for your kids and so; they require to be kept away after breakage.
Laminated glass – These glasses have two or more sheets of regular glass collaborated with a plastic interlayer. The broken glass will be attached to the plastic thus, lessening the risk of an injury.
Wired glass – Such glasses have a network of wires embedded in it.
An inexpensive alternative is to pick a stick-on safety movie that avoids glass from splintering.
Extra guidance for the safety of your kids:
- Sticker labels or transfers will draw attention to harmful glass locations to children
- Children might play or fall on loose mats therefore, you must keep them far from glass doors and windows.
- The bottom part of broken glass window panes can be secured with furnishings.
- When buying furnishings with glass doors, choose quality products just for the safety of your child and the security of your home.
Post Sponsored by Glass Repairs Guildford – Your Local Glaziers in Guildford.